This primary in Texas has, in some regards, set a record in last-minute ‘bad behavior’ by a number of candidates- at all levels. Those that were the worst offenders are NOT deserving of your votes under ANY circumstances. Some others are lessor offenders; their behavior something worth considering, but not necessarily a show stopper. Here they are, the worst leading the way
- Terri Green, Collin County 380th District Court – unquestionably the worst of the lot. Between continually harassing people volunteers passing out flyers, to continually making outlandish claims and even spreading outright lies that both the NTTP and the CCCR recommendations are paid for, we have never seen such poor candidate behavior in many decades of grassroots work (not on the GOP side, at least). Both groups recommendations should be seen as a positive light for those selected, but Terri has taken it as a deep personal affront NOT to be selected. And her actions and demeanor are barely ones of an ADULT, much less of a judge.
- David Dewhurst, U.S. Senate - David Dewhurst, who ducked out on so many forum that we created a milk carton to represent him, has unleashed such a blizzard of ridiculous negative ads on Ted Cruz, you would need a hazmat suit and oxygen to get through all the toxic mud. The Chinese claim is laughable; Cruz was just a minor member of the legal team, both companies maintain their factories in China, the ‘American’ involved spends more time in China than the U.S. Cruz actually lead another patent case before the Supreme Court, taking $5 million from a Chinese company that actually DID take an American patent. The new ‘pro-amnesty’ claim is even MORE in the realm of LSD-induced fantasies; The Austin ‘Powers That Be’ have dumped millions into this, figuring repetition might make such blatant lies more believable. When you hear Ted Cruz’s list of endorsements, can ANYONE doubt who the conservative choice is between those two? (there are other good conservative in the race as well; Glenn Addison and Lela Pettinger. They simply lack the resources to survive against the ‘Powers that Be’- this time around.)
- Mike ‘Tuffy’ Hamilton, State House, District 12 – this Straus lapdog was deliberately pitted against James White , an absolutely solid conservative. The ‘Powers That Be’ need Tuffy, who laid out the gaming laws for casino gambling- en to ensure the ‘right people’ get wealthy in the process. So- at the last minute they’ve tried to play up a simple ‘admonishment’ on an otherwise exemplary review at White’s teaching job into something sinister- and sexual. (yeah, black male conservatives have NO experience with such smear tactics; just ask Justice Thomas and Herman Cain.) Ironically, Tuffy was recorded on the floor of the State House, making two clearly sexually harassing statements. Far more serious, but apparently a ‘good-ol-boy’ is exempt.
- Bob Dry, Collin 199th District Court – A desperate last- minute piece of sleaze against Angela Tucker; again a case of trying to blow up some easily explainable thing (in this case, financial) into something unseemly, especially cynical when Dry himself has some financial issues, that also need explanation.
- Cesare Venegoni, Collin Constable, Pct. 4 -Cesare’s persistent and slightly aggressive demeanor in dealing with people who did not support him on their lists would not be severe enough to make this list, except for the fact his job involves contentious situations- and being armed. Joe Wright is his opponent here (we did not, however, TeaApprove down to this level; too few resources spread too thin). UPDATE: Joe Wright was the subject of what we believe may a bit of theatrics, on Friday; details are here.