We had fully been expecting this: A new ‘false front’ group has been created whose ‘endorsements’ are the polar opposite of the 5-group flyer we have put together. It apparently is called the ‘Conservatives for Responsible Ethical Government’ (CREG LIST). Nothing like a catchy name to try to hide the smoke and mirrors.
If you get a flyer from ANY group, you should ask either the distributor or actual candidates:
1) Who are the members of the group? (Our VETTING committee membership includes Jim Bright, Chair; Michael Openshaw, Q Coleman, Doug Reeves, Suzanne Boyd-Chapman, John Smith, Cindy Hyltin, Pat Evers, John Holladay. There are over 80 years of grassroots conservative experience in that committee, with the other half being the new activists that have arisen through the Tea Parties. Our email group is 960+ local Tea Party members.)
2) How long can they verify they have existed? (NTTP formed in 2009 and the TTPA is the reformed Collin County Tea Party from the beginning of the Tea Party movement; the other groups in our lists have existed for decades and are WELL-KNOWN in conservative circles.). here’s a trick: try Googling the name of the group! (This article was the ONLY hit coming up today.)
3) How much time did they spend vetting the candidates and when did they start? (NTTP put in between 400-500 volunteer hours.) Did they vet candidates BEFORE the results of other groups disappointed certain candidates?
4) What are the documented activities of the group. (NTTP has served as a conservative rally group and candidate vetting organization from its inception.)
5) Had the candidates or anyone else even heard of the organization before?
The people of such ‘false front’ groups are literally insulting the voters intelligence. Sound them out and call them out when you run into them.