This recession and ever expanding tax and spend mandates from Washington DC has awakened the Sleeping Giant. The American People. The members of the Tea Party are committed to five principles.
- Limited Government
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Personal Responsibility
- Rule of Law
- National (and State) Sovereignty
America is one of a kind. There is no place like this great nation on Earth. We are a nation of immigrants from every land which is part of our strength. If you believe that America should be by the people, for the people and of the people. If you believe in statements like “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,…”. If you believe that government close to the people governs best. If so, we implore you to stand up and join our peaceful re-revolution.
The mission of the North Texas Tea Party is to begin the change in all levels of government to return to The Five Principles. We will do this through local organization and action. We will actively and specifically support candidates and issues we feel will advance those principles. Reaching out to our neighbors and friends to put honest information into the hands of the voters. We will uncover what the candidates really believe and we WILL hold them accountable.
UPDATE: As of a meeting on 8/11/2012, NTTP’s organization is as follows:
Chair: Jim Bright
- Members: Michael Openshaw, Suzanne Boyd-Chapman, Jim Bright, Cindy Hyltin, John Smith
- Tasks: Determine Goals, Strategy, High-level Tactics, Set Priorities, Oversee Operations
Steering Committee (SC)
- Chair: Cindy Hyltin
- Members: LT membership + Doug Reeves, Pat Evers, John ‘Doc’ Holladay, with more to follow.
- Tasks: Formulate plans and recommendations for the LT & NTTP as a whole
Elected Official Advisory Team (ET)
- Informal on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- Will Include conservative elected officials from NT
Vetting Team (VT)
- Chair: Jim Bright
- Members: As needed per vetting cycle
- Tasks: Empowered to determine vetting needs, process and communication
Legislative Advisory Team (LAT)
- Chair: John ‘Doc’ Holladay
- Members: TBD
- Tasks: Advise the LAT and LC of upcoming Federal & State legislation and recommended actions.
Grassroots Coordination Team (GCT)
- Chair: Suzanna Boyd-Chapman
- Members: TBD
- Tasks: Coordinate with other grassroots organizations to build our networking, assist other groups in organization and vetting, help connect outside donors with critical national races, etc.
- Primary: Mike Openshaw
- Secondary: John Smith
- Tasks: Website updates for new structure, personnel, look at forums, etc
The leadership of the group is by roundtable:
- Michael Openshaw: handles most communication (sometimes too much ) and is the webmaster. Has a very long history of conservative political grassroots work, dating back to the early 60s.
- Jim Bright: a professional recruiter and extremely adept at reading people; extremely skilled in areas useful in vetting candidates.
- Suzanne Boyd-Chapman: extremely knowledgeable in other conservative clubs and inner workings of local political society.
- Doug Reeves- A local political expert, having worked extensively with both the GOP and local social conservative groups
- John Holladay; a no-nonsense Vietnam Vet, very focused on direct, actionable activities in the local elections and issues space.